Monday, July 28, 2008

90 minutes

The family visited the beer festival on Sunday--I have never seen so many strollers and babies attached to parents in one place in my life! Seriously, Sunday is apparently the family-friendly beer festival day. I did not partake in much tasting. I had a little here and there, but all the beer managed to do was to make me sleepy. Not very good times.

Trey slept most of the time, except for when he was eating. And when he was entertaining the ladies. He was a charmer, as always. Flashed his little grin and cutesy dimple and the girls all melted.

We're trying this new sleep thing--it's a 90 minute awake cycle. That means every time Trey wakes up, I count up 90 minutes, and when it reaches close to that, I start soothing him to sleep. Actually having recognized that babies have a 90 minute cycle is amazing. I could literally see it TO THE MINUTE when I noted the time. Today was the first day we tried it and we didn't do all that well. There were some errands to do this afternoon, so it kinda threw off the schedule. However, I am going to maintain this little sleep project and supposedly, he will regulate his own sleep pattern (i.e. let him sleep and don't wake him up) and very very very soon, start sleeping through the night. There is solace in knowing that if he gets too much sleep during the day, he'll only be awake for 90 minutes at night, then, sleep. I'll let you know how it goes.

In case you're wondering, Trey did poo on Thursday night. I don't know why this kid waits until his diaper is off, but he does. I was JUST undressing him to put him in the bath and THWWWWWAAAAA, all over the place (can you imagine that sound effect?). On the changing table, on his feet, on his butt. So I waited for him to finish. 5 minutes later, I'm still standing there, wondering if he's done, and I realize his back and little chubby thighs are covered in poo also. He was wriggling in it. And having the time of his life. Good thing we were on our way to the bath.

I DID snap a photo, but when I thought about posting it, I wasn't sure what the reaction would be. So, if anyone wants to see it, I have a photo of his poo.

No comments: