Monday, July 21, 2008

momma's boy


Trey is growing up WAY too fast. I put a whole bunch of clothes into a storage container because he's just getting too big. And it's very distressing because so many people gave us really cute outfits, but the tops are all long-sleeved! It's 85 degrees outside! When is he supposed to wear them? I keep waiting for a cool day so I can dress him in warmer clothes. I told Patrick last night that we HAVE to have another boy, so some of these clothes can get used. Our luck, we'll have two girls and have to get another whole new wardrobe.

On another note, this weekend, we bought a co-sleeper that attaches to the bed. YAY! So much easier for me. Of course, he still loves to be snuggled up to mommy. And who am I to complain? He's only going to be a momma's boy for another 12 years or so, then I've lost him. Anyway, we hit up this awesome garage sale and not only got a sweet deal on the co-sleeper, but bought a ton of clothes, some toys, and got a vibrating seat for free. We picked up a few things for Greta, who is a mere 3 weeks, but it's ridiculous how fast they get so big. Garage sales are addicting. Particularly when you find one with so much baby stuff. Now I am constantly perusing craigslist to find more garage sales where I can spend more money buying crap.

Speaking of crap, I wish I had a poo or fart story today, but fortunately, there have been no big disasters as of late. I get puked on often, though, and usually it's down my pants or down the front of my shirt. Somehow, when I have Trey over my shoulder and am burping him, he pukes down my back (missing the burp rag) and just manages to puke right down the back of my pants. And it's not just the watery, milky puke. It's the milk that's been festering in his stomach for 2 days puke. Sharpshooter, he is.

He did pee on my the other day at his aunt Jenny's house. I was changing him on the couch and he let loose--grinning all the while--with a long leisurely pee, but he was positioned so it was pointing right at me. So he basically pee'd on my butt. My jeans were soaked. So I went to a Rose Festival meeting with a pee covered butt. Luckily, nobody seemed to notice.

No comments: